Electric Charcoal Starter
Easy! Fast! Convenient!
If you like ignition at the click of a finger, then try our Electric Charcoal Starter. This handy device, with a heat resistant handle, will have you cooking in minutes without matches, lighter fluids or fire starters. Our design improves on every other starter on the market. We have:
- A longer handle to reach more coals without reaching into the cooker.
- An angled design to avoid heat near the handle.
- Stainless steel cooker mounting bracket.
- Larger heating coil starts more coals for faster cooking.
- Includes cooling stand.
1. Spread charcoal in base of cooker. Make sure cooker is well ventilated.
2. Place starter in coals with handle resting along the top edge so it extends outside the cooker.
(Our firebox guide allows you to secure the starter in place on the firebox edge in kamado-style cookers.)
3. Plug the starter into a grounded 120 volt outlet. Do NOT leave unattended.
4. Heat starter for up to 8 minutes then remove.
CAUTION: Do not leave starter on for more than 8 minutes to avoid risk of overheating, electrical fire or other damage to the element or handle.
5. Unplug starter and remove from cooker. Place in safe area to cool for an extended period of time. Keep away from children and pets.
WARNING: Do not rest on or near combustible or metal surfaces. Do not touch or attempt to clean any of the metal surfaces when hot. Keep out of water and wet conditions. Do not use with gas grills or with combustibles such as lighter fluid. Only use outdoor-approved extension cords of equal rating to the electrical appliace.